Okay guys… this was YUM!!
I am always SO shocked when I make things that are gluten and dairy FREE in fear that I’ll be disappointed that it won’t taste as good as something that IS filled with gluten and dairy! I’m always wrong though, and it tastes JUST as delicious!!
I found this recipe from one of my favorite people but made my own twist on it!
The recipe is originally made as a lasagna recipe but I made it a “lazy” lasagna, meaning I just used regular pasta instead of lasagna noodles. (Fun fact: I just learned what lazy lasagna was from my mom! LOL) Unfortunately I couldn’t find any gluten free lasagna noodles at Whole Foods, so I went with some brown rice gluten free spirals!
Check it out below!
2 boxes of spirals (12 oz)
2 Jars of clean marinara sauce (no vinegar or added sugar recommended)
Daiya dariy free mozzarella cheese
1 bag of cashews (16 oz)
Oregano, Basil, Parsley, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Salt, & Pepper
1-2 pounds of ground turkey
Optional: Veggie fillings of choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil cashews in water until they are soft. Once soft, blend them in a food processor or blender with light water until a paste is formed like ricotta cheese.
- Add all spices as desired to the paste. I didn’t measure, I eye balled it!
- Brown the turkey in a large pan. Add in the tomato sauce. Add spices above to your liking. Optional- saute veggies in coconut oil and add them to the meat sauce.
- Boil noodles according to box directions.
- In a 9 x 13 pan, layer the meat sauce, pasta, and ricotta paste. Repeat layers until you get to the top.
- Add the Daiya cheese to the top.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes or until desired temperature.
See below for links to products I used for this!!
As an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases from Amazon.com.